Strategic Account Management
At the centre of the account team is the Strategic Account Manager or Key account Manager. The strategic account manager must be a dynamic LEADER who can comfortably serve as the central point of contact for the customer’s executives and stakeholders. The job of a strategic account manager is to develop and sustain a longterm strategic customer relationship for mutual growth, profitability, trust, loyalty, and innovation. The strategic account manager must leverage the company's enterprise resources and capabilities in creating and fulfilling value-based solutions, to meet the customers and company's current requirements and expectations as well as future potential.
This interactive two day workshop seeks to bring some structure and offer guidance to what is vitally important role in any sales led organisation.
Over the two days delegates will explore:
- The Role of the Strategic Account Manager
- The key skills and behaviours: What are the skills and behaviours to excel in this role? The importance of thinking and acting Strategically.
- The 3 D’s
- Decision Making Team: Who either influences those who decide and who makes the final decision
- Building an Influence Map and developing a contact Strategy
- Decision Making Criteria: What are the criteria applied by those on your Influence Map
- Decision Making Process: What is the specific process your customer will take to make a decision?
- Strategic Sales Skills: Asking questions on the customer’s agenda
- Negotiation: The core skills explored
- Methodology: Delegates are asked to bring with them ‘live’ opportunities they are working on. This ensures that the application of learning is applied directly to delegates ‘real world’. This not only helps embed learning but also provides delegates the forum to prepare a substantive actionable plan for implementation back in the workplace.